Sunday, February 1, 2009

It is here finally!

The organ was delivered yesterday. Four guys lugged it from their truck up the stairs in the front of my house and up some stairs inside to get it to the required room. They had to take my front door off and partially disassemble the organ. It is here!

For the last few days I have been adjusting the balance between the ranks, adjusting the trems and setting up the pistons. It is a lot of fun to play. Unfortunately, the headphone attachment is not adjusted properly yet so when I woke at 5 a.m. this morning and wanted to play.. I couldn't.

Since the specs on the organ do not include a trumpet (only a tuba and post horn), I have been setting up the 8 and 16' trumpet off the ensemble midi device.

The pedals are definitely too loud. That will be on the list of things to be adjusted on the next visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fred,
Congrats on the 311. I have the Q311Deluxe. That is the sp without the classical voices. Getting it voiced properly made all the difference in the world for me and the Ensemble make up for a lot of ranks that the big one have. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Ted Williamson
San Diego